- Status: Closed
- Opened by: Jules Solinas (JulesLambda)
- Open Date: 20.03.17, 22:10
- Closed by: Marek (marek)
- Closed on: 11.05.17, 17:02
- Reason: Closed
- Comment: Glad to help!
FS#10320 - Been Hacked, impossible restoration
I have a problem, i’m gonna explain it in details.
Two weeks ago I received an email from OVH telling me that my website has been hacked and got some phising pages :
* hxxp : / /www [.] greenaddict [.] fr/modules/pk_themesettiger/uk/restore/identification [.] html
* hxxp : / /www [.] greenaddict [.] fr/modules/blockcontact/str/Dashboard
After deleting them from Filezilla, I wanted to do some security upgrade by getting to the backoffice. But that was impossible ! Only error 500 when i go to it. But my front is ok.
Then I started to look on forums etc. if there is thousand solutions about this error and i found many things like my files are corrupted and stuff.
So... I was very demotivate to find the solutions (from one guy to another its a total different solution). I decided to create a new local prestashop (same version) and put the theme in place (same version) and add my database on this local server (i ve got more than 2000 products with images). And when it works, i can just transfer from local to server without changing database. Like a complete new version. And i have on my online version a lot of CSS modifications and i dont want to do it from scratch.
My problems and questions are :
- Is it possible for you to check my error 500 that may come frome the theme and maybe put a new version of the theme with the same CSS in place to keep my design ?
- If not, I tried to recreate my website from scratch on my local server with a clean presta and clean Alysum. And I’ve upload my /img and Database from the online one to local to keep my products and see if everything is working good on local. BUT when i active the theme, there is a problem, nothing is showing and when i go in Quick Access > Alysum Settings i’ve got a message telling me " You do not have the rights to update the pk_themesettings module. Please make sure you are logged in to the PrestaShop Addons account that purchased the module.”. The problem is that i’m logged to addons and I still have this message. Any solution ?
I really want my website to work again with my Database and images of products still here and my custom website available (css etc.).
Do you have a solution to my problem ?
I’m available to give you all the informations you want.
Thanks a lot if you have it !